Austro-Hungarian building complex
The finance building, Sarac’s house and the Old Grammar School originate in Bosnia’s Austro-Hungarian era and portray typical architecture of that period.
Sarac’s House, also known as Sarenica, was built in 1899. In 1943, the TANJUG (telegraph agency) was established there and later it was used as a studio by the sculptor, Anthony Augustincic.
The old elementary school building was built around 1880 and housed the first primary school in Jajce.
Ethno museum, located in the old elementary school, holds ethnological exhibits and an expansive collection of minerals collected in the municipality of Jajce.
The finance building was built in late 1882 during the Austro-Hungarian period. During the Yugoslavian period, it acted as a customs office.