Project "Visit Jajce"
The "Visit Jajce" project is intended to support the social development of young people from Jajce and improve their job skills. Jajce is known across Bosnia and Herzegovina for its rich cultural and historical heritage and natural beauty. The number of tourists who visiting the city in recent years has increased considerably, spurred on largely by Jajce’s candidacy as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO (2006 - 2009).
The improved tourism to Jajce has helped slow the number of young people leaving the municipality by creating employment opportunities for them during the summer.
For this reason, the Jajce Youth Centre continues to develop the tourism sector of Jajce and promoting the hiring young people from the city. Involvement in tourism not only helps youth gain new perspectives on life, but it also helps to develop the entire community of Jajce.
The target group of the project is people between 16 and 30 years-old, and the goals of this project are as follows:
- Improve knowledge and skills of young people in Jajce
- Improve living and social conditions for the youth Jajce
- Increase the level of employment of persons under 30 years-old
- Increase the tourism capacity of Jajce
The activities of this project aimed at youth include:
- Training tour guides in Jajce’s cultural and historical heritage
- Foreign language training courses for tour guides
- Constructing a youth tourist info point to coordinate and promote youth tourism services
- Training youth to make and market souvenirs
- Designing and producing promotional materials for Jajce tourism
- Preparing and promoting services provided by youth tour guides